While there were a few good nuggets of wisdom in the article, such as setting boundaries and expectations early on, must of it was the typical hand-wringing weak man trying to control women pap that Persevero is famous for. Like insisting Daddy control everything. Only men frightened of women insist on ruling them as if their vaginas were nuclear bombs.
Without further delay here's what Darnell said was necessary for marriage.
Seven Minimal Requirements for Christian Marriage:I'm a Christian and I have been married to the same guy for a happy twenty eight years and I can say none of those things, okay, maybe #2, had anything to do with our marriage being successful. So here's my list of those things that are essential.
This seventh would include “taking dominion” by being fruitful in child birth and raising up the next generation as well as managing other raw materials available to them in nature to bring greater order and benefit in God’s world.
- Must Be a Christian (II Cor. 6:14)
- Must Be to Person of the Opposite Gender (Gen. 1:27-28)
- Must Understand that They “Two Become One Flesh” (Matt. 19:5-6)
- The Man Must Be Diligent to Provide for His Family (I Tim. 5:8)
- The Man Must Understand Himself to Be the Shepherd of His Family (Eph. 5:23-33; 6:4)
- The Woman Must Be a Submissive and Fruitful Help Mate to Her Husband (Col. 3:18)
- Must Work Together to Take Dominion by Bringing Greater Value to the Raw Resources of Creation. (Gen. 1:27-28)
- Must be a living breathing human.
- Must be whatever sex you are attracted to.
- Must have sexual chemistry between the two of you
- Must have skills or schooling and a plan for how you both are going to run the financial side of your marriage.
- The other partner must respect you and your choices or the marriage doesn't stand a chance. One person should not control everything and make the other one their servant.
- Each partner needs to have the freedom to disagree with their partner and it not be a big deal. It's really the end of the world.
- Must love one another and genuinely always want the best for their partner.